Gone are the days a parent will silently peek into the nursery to check on the napping baby and then, whoops, accidentally waking the baby up…
This is why a baby monitor is essential in any parent’s life
All you have to do is carry a handheld device giving you a set of eyes on your baby, at any given moment, making it convenient for you to check in on the little one at any given moment. This while you are finalizing some chores, entertaining or busy with what ever needs doing at that specific moment.
Now the comparing of these baby monitors was a massive task as there are many brands! My question here, Which one is the ULTIMATE BABY MONITOR?
So where to start, all have very close to basically the same features but, BE WARE; some of these baby monitors you would think is good, but you should STAY AWAY!!!!
Before I start, these main features are standard on all:
- Two way sound,
- Voice activation
- Night vision/Infra Red,
- Hand held unit supports 4 cameras,
- 2.4GHz (Difficult to hack, Very safe wi-fi signal)
- Biggest of all, 5″ of HD screen, what did you expect from Samsung?
- a night light on the camera if you really need to go in the room,
- Gift wrapping by the seller…..
This is a huge seller and keeping in mind that this baby monitor is from Samsung and it has most of the features, lets look at the problems;
- Has the shortest ACTUAL, not claimed range,
- The battery loses charge after 6 mounths,
- The screen is not as user friendly as you would expect from Samsung,
- The only baby monitor that DOESN’t measure baby’s room temperature?!
Samsung is the experts when it comes to screens, so that is not good news, they fail on their strong point…. I love Samsung products and really wanted this one to be the Ulitimate baby monitor, but very difficult for me to accept and will only say this once; it is not, not even by a long shot, there are cheaper ones that are way better….
I love looking at the Amazon star reviews as this gives you an instant answer of how a product is to live with:
Only 45% of all reviews, 510 when this was written gave 5 stars;
A massive 28% of the 510 was 1 star?!;
So the verdict:
This is the yard stick of how a baby monitor should be, but not the one that you want to buy…….
The DXR-8 special features:
- 1st ever interchangeable lens technology on a baby monitor,
- 3.5″ LCD Screen
- Lowest % of 1 Star reviews
- Makes a load beep when losing signal and cannot turn that off,
it really is hard to find to find other cons on this monitor as you will see when we get to the star review, the unit is good, the company’s service is good, it does what it needs to do and it is ranked No. 1 in the Amazon Baby Monitor area…
73% of 18400 reviews gave 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!
7% of the 18,400 gave 1 star……
So the verdict:
At $ 164.99, I present to you the Ultimate Baby Monitor on AMAZON, the Infant Optics DXR-8!
if you are on a budget, have a look at the runner up, or you want this for a second child….
At $ 74.99, half the price of the others, you are kidding me for not wanting this baby monitor.
I know it has a 2.4″ screen, but you just actually want to have a look of what is going on, you don’t want to watch a movie on this….
- This one is perfect to buy in the place of a second camera, as all of the units have problems with connecting second cameras and this is cheaper that the lose cameras,
- Perfect for an older child that doesn’t need so much eyes on them,
- Perfect if you are on a budget, you won’t go wrong.
61% 5 star of 836 Reviews!!!
10% 1 star on a budget product?!?!
This is brilliant, the company is making this on a budget and there are not a lot of space for profit, this is massive bang for $!